Monday, August 8, 2011


Max on Life-by Max lucado

I can’t really make up my mind about this book. I’ve read quite a few of Max Lucado’s books and I loved them all and was really excited when this was offered. I must say I was disappointed in it. It was well written but didn’t go deep enough as I know Max does. Also it’s basically for a none believer or a new believer to read. Most of the questions and answers were easy and straight forward but as I said they didn’t seem to touch the core...go deep enough. I guess I know most of that stuff and it wasn’t as good to me as it would to another person who’s still learning. Now I will say this is MY OPINION and I’m sure a lot of other folks wouldn’t agree with me. He also contradicted himself at the divorce and marriage section say it was NOT ok in one question and ok in the next. But I must say that all in all it was still a not bad read. He still added his humour which everybody can relate to and that I like. I also like his simple way of writing so that a child could understand it and he also did touch topics we all want to ask about especially for teen agers about sex, dating, and marriage...that was nice. If somebody would ask me if they should buy this book I’d first have to know if they were believers or not or still new and learning. If they were new and learning I’d defiantly recommend it. Cheers! J


No comments:

Post a Comment